Friday, March 18, 2011

Tile!

Well, after one small headache, the tile is being finished up.  We ran short on tile yesterday which prevented them from being able to lay all of the tile in one day which is pretty impressive.  Since the tile was not something the flooring supply had in stock, I was afraid that we would have to wait until next week to get the two boxes (12 tiles) we needed to finish.  Thankfully, the salesman at Prosource was able to track down a distributor in town who had some on hand.  After being told that they didn't have any from the same lot as ours, it turned out that they did and we were back in business.

The tile masons are finishing up the grout right now and should (I think) be done by lunchtime.  Yay!  I can't express how happy I am to be done with the broken, peeling vinyl floor.  It was disgusting, ugly and a tripping hazard.  Hopefully I can get some painters out here next week to give me a quote on painting the cabinets and get the cabinet guy back out here to measure for doors.  Let's keep some momentum going!

Incidentally, I also had a small roofing repair which I was able to get done on Tuesday.  Some of the shingles on our ridge vent were damaged in a recent storm.  I probably wouldn't have noticed it if Jenny hadn't pointed it out.  Twenty bucks in materials and about 45 minutes or so of work to get it fixed.  Not too shabby.

Pictures of the new floor to come soon.

No comments: