Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Cabinets are installed!

Well, the cabinet problem has been resolved and all three of the cabinet units we are adding have been installed. Yay!  I met the cabinet man on Sunday to pick them up.  I could not fit all three of them in the bed of my truck, but since we met here in town I brought along the trailer that I borrowed to transport the tile... with the tile on it.  Sure hauling around an extra 1500 or so lbs. doesn't seem like the best idea, but it worked out okay.

Jenny helped me install the cabinets on Monday evening.  Don't worry!  She didn't lift anything heavy or strain in any way.  She helped make sure that everything was aligned and made sure that nothing fell on my head.  No major problems to report with the install.  We are now better able to envision how our kitchen will work when we are finished and we are pleased.

The tile man is here right now prepping the slab for the tile installation which will begin tomorrow.  The vinyl flooring was installed using this nasty black adhesive to which other adhesives (like thin set, the stuff used to set tile) won't bond.  To rectify this they are using something called uniflex which will serve as the meat in a glue sandwich.  They claim that this stuff will adhere to anything and anything will adhere to it.  I will update again when the tile is complete!

No comments: