Thursday, June 14, 2012

It's been a while...

It's been a few months since my last post.  Months have come and gone. 

Miles is now 10 months old.  Some milestones since February:
He's crawling, babbling, and pulling up on anything that will stand still long enough. 

We went to the beach in May to celebrate a marriage between one of our favorite cousins and her awesome groom.  It took a little while for Miles to get used to the sand, but after he realized he could throw it around with a shovel, he couldn't get enough of it.  He got to spend a lot of time with all of his cousins.  Unfortunately Jeff's parents couldn't join us, so Paul, Christy and David got a last-minute invitation.  It was a lot of fun to have all the boys together.  


Miles (finally) popped a tooth at about 9.5 months.  I think he's got ~2.5 now, two on the bottom and an almost-tooth up top.  They're pretty difficult to see and he's not very willing to show them off just yet.   

He will now drink a bottle of only formula.  I'm still pumping once a day at work and nursing in the morning and before bed (though I think he's trying to give up the bed-time nurse).  I think Beau would just like to wean totally, but I'm still hesitant to give it up. 



On the house front, virtually nothing has changed. 

I completed a project refinishing a couch table that I bought for $37.50 at an estate sale last year.  Beau and I ordered a new couch from La-Z-Boy.  A Memorial Day Sale gets us everytime... It's a 3 cushion, sleeper sofa.  We've always wanted a sleeper sofa with plans to eventually put it in the office (where ever that happens to be). 

I finally picked out drawer pulls and Beau installed them last weekend.  They're perfect (even though they were a little annoying to install). 

The next big house project is still undetermined.  We keep throwing around ideas but have yet to settle on anything.  I think the next project will be to clean out Kristen's room, which has become my dumping ground for all things.  My grandmother is moving out of her house and into an assisted living complex and I've recieved/taken a lot of her artwork (in addition to anything that I have a memory associated with).  All of it has ended up stacked against the wall in Kristen's room waiting for a new frame and a permanent home.  The only challenge of reframing everything is the high pricetag...



No comments: