Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Beau-rito, Baby Benny, He-who-hasn't-been-named

Tomorrow Beau and my life will change. I'm being induced at 5:30 AM. Hopefully everything will be uneventful and our duo will become a trio.

I've been preparing myself for the last 3 weeks to be induced at my doctor's direction. I have gestational diabetes, and a relatively mild case of high blood pressure. I've been off of work and on home rest since 7/22. I don't like to call it bed rest, because that would imply that I was in bed the entire time; something I'm incapable of doing. Beau has been great at meeting my every need, and attempting to keep me calm and relaxed. He has watched horrible TV with me for hours on end, and even some pretty painful movies.

The rest of the world seems to think that I should be/am terrified of how my life is about to change, but I'm really not. Anxious? Sure. Nervous about how much this is actually going to hurt? Of course. But not scared. I've always said that God put me on this earth to be a mother, and tomorrow I get to start that journey.

Sorry for the totally disjointed post. I just felt like I should write something before my baby boy arrives.

3 comments:

Dara M. said...

Yea! I can't wait to see the images of the new baby!! I wish you the best of luck tomorrow, and for it to be as pain free as possible. Not to mention a healthy as can be lil boy!

Unknown said...

Meh. People dramatically overstate how much things change.

Claire Elizabeth said...

Agree with Paul. Hope everything's going okay and we get to see that sweet boy soon.