Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Brick work

The brick repairs on the den are complete! I am pretty stoked about this. It's the first work to be completed since the check arrived. I have paid off everybody I owed money and it feels good. I called the brick mason on Wednesday. He came on Thursday to see what needed to be done and give me an estimate. He arrived Friday morning and was done Friday afternoon. I was impressed by the prompt service.

The brick mason is the contractor that we use at work. He told me that he has been laying bricks for 50 years, but hadn't laid brick like ours since he was an apprentice. He was able to use the brick that was removed along with some bricks that were in a pile in the back yard. Luckily he was able to do the job with the bricks we had. I'm not sure what we would have done if we hadn't had enough. I think I got a good price on the labor and they cleaned the mortar off of the brick and picked up after themselves. I hope to post some pictures of the progress soon. I'll create a short post when I do so that you all know to check.

No comments: