Monday, April 21, 2008

Progress has been made!


So I know I haven't maintained my previous frequency with the updates. Trust me, I know more than you do! I haven't been making the steady progress on the house that I once was. We were out of town last weekend. I have been doing various small things and have not made a substantial amount of progress in any particular area... until today!

The main project going on right now it the remodel of the "den." In a prior post, the desk/shelving unit was demolished. Today I began to "demo" the dryer closet. 'What is a dryer closet,' you might ask. Apparently many years ago (long before I existed) people had washing machines, but no dryers. Apparently it was in these prehistoric days that our house was originally built. When the den addition was constructed, dryers were in vogue. In order to accomodate this new bit of technology, they built a closet in the den to house the dryer. This placed the washer and dryer in two distinct (although adjacent) rooms.

Some time ago, I set about moving the dryer (vent and electrical outlet) into the laundry room proper. Today I cleaned all of my stuff out of the closet (Jenny removed her stuff earlier) and began the de-constructing. I decided to remove the paneling before breaking out the maul. I think it is less messy this way. It also allows me to view and dismantle the wiring before destroying the framing. Today I got all of the paneling from the closet, the shelves in the closet, and all trim molding. Jenny also assisted me in hauling all of the debris to the curb.

I took pictures to post here, but Jenny damaged her hard drive and the new one apparently does not have the necessary software to link up to the camera. I will work on that for next time.

1 comment:

Chris Broussard said...

Sweet! Demo! Looking forward to the pics.